Category Archives: JUST A THOUGHT

THE BLIND STOCK TRADER

Maybe, just maybe, if we spend 90% of our time working on the mental game, instead of the technical, we could have a fighting chance at being one of the 10% who consistently make 90% of the money.

SOMETIMES I JUST SITS

Sitting is ok when the markets are not set up for your trading edge…if you have one.

ON BEING WRONG

I am a trader. As a trader I manage uncertainty, or the unknown right side of the chart.

LEARNING FROM OUR STUPID MISTAKES

We were born to screw up, make stupid decisions, rationalize the irrational, form biased opinions even though standard economics assumes otherwise.

THE FUNDAMENTALIST VERSUS THE TECHNICIAN

Well, we can use all kinds of fancy, detailed explanations or we can keep it simple. I choose to keep it simple.

TRADE WHAT IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD BE

Trade what is…not what you think should be.

KEEP TRADING SIMPLE

Keep your trading edge simple is the advice from Marcel Link, in his book High Probability Trading.   So simple, in fact, that your trading edge “should fit on the back of an envelope”.       Just a thought for those who believe in predicting and who believe that the more complicated a system the…

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE THE STOCK TRADER

All the market’s a chart and all the men and women merely traders.

FORECASTING A COIN FLIPPING CONTEST

Much of what Wall Street sells is less like engineering than like a forecasting service for a coin-flipping contest.

STOCK TRADERS UNDERPERFORM BECAUSE…

Successful trading is not about predicting the future but about managing it.